The existence of an ecological crisis and the need to find new ways of development, which are ecologically, socially and economically sustainable, has been lately internationally recognized.
The organization Change the World has been working for a long time in the areas of sustainable development, both in the theoretical and practical aspect.
We are a group of professionals with vast international experience in the fields of: permaculture, ecovillages, ecology, social ecology, ecological architecture, appropriate technologies, education, conflict resolution, decision-making through consensus, cultural translation, local sustainable development, local indicators of sustainability, Local Agenda 21, conservation of biodiversity with community participation and related subjects.
We are multidisciplinary team with university degrees and vast experience in the following areas: Sustainable Development, Planning and Energy, International Development Studies, Architecture, Zoology, Anthropology, Geography, Biology, Consensus, Business Management and Computing, among others.
In some countries, Change the World has accompanied the establishment of pioneer projects in ecological villages, neighborhoods and centers. Some of our members have lived in ecovillages for many years.
We have participated in the motivation, inspiration, training, planning and design of sustainable systems (Permaculture), and sustainable human settlements (ecovillages), in Europe, Africa and the American Continent.
We have participated in the design and the early phases of some sustainable settlements, such as:
- Training and demonstration center of the Peasant Popular School established by the Peasant Coordinator Kabawil in Guatemala.
- Rural ecological village of Acuarela, Mesa de los Santos, Bucaramanga, Colombia.
- Residential ecological and urban park La Aldea, La Estrella, Antioquia, Colombia.
We work with various projects, giving advice on subject related to sustainable development and hands-on solutions in rural, urban and semirural areas, such as:
- The Ecovillage Nashira, project of ASOMUCAF (Association of Women Heads of Family), El Bolo, Palmira, Valle del Cauca, Colombia.
- Sagene Samfunnshus (Community Center for Sustainable Development and Participatory Action, district of Sagene), Oslo, Norway.
- The Eco-neighborhood of Villa 4 Alamos, with their Cultural, Social and Environmental Center, El Ceibo, Maipú, Metropolitan Area, Chile.
- The Peasant Cooperative AAJAC-COLUFIFA, Casamance, Senegal.
- The Ecovillage Network of Senegal, Dakar, Senegal.
- The Fiskevollen Inspirational Center for Sustainable Development and Environmental Education, Fyresdal, Telemark, Norway.
- The organization Eco-Sustainable Valdivia, Valdivia, Chile.
- “Buenaventura”, Melipilla, Chile.
- Blowing in the Wind, Reñaca, 5th Region, Chile.
- Pirates Association, Tvedestrand, Aust-Agder, Norway.
- Among others.